every year, 's editorial team drives dozens of new cars and trucks to figure out what the best options are across a broad swath of classes and lifestyles. when the calendar turns over, we give a hard look at which among those cars and trucks best succeeded in what it set out to do; that turns into our best of awards.
if you're not familiar with these vehicles, start with our awards pages above that detail each of our categories — not only will you find blurbs on why we picked our winners, but you'll also see the full field of nominees and what they have to offer.
when it comes to the overall best of 2019, the winner for us is the 2019 genesis g70. though it may not be the suv that shoppers seem to crave these days, the g70 from hyundai's spinoff luxury brand stands out for numerous reasons: an interesting cabin design that's not too cute for its own ergonomic good; a litany of safety and driver-assistance tech; sharp handling and responsive power; and a price tag a fraction of its competitors. the list goes on.
if you're not sure where to start research on it, you're in the right place. below is a link roundup of the vital stories we reported on the g70's rollout; get educated with our coverage so you can be more confident when it comes time to put pen to paper and ride off the dealer lot.
- 2019 genesis g70 preview
- 2019 genesis g70 video review
- photo gallery: genesis g70 finally makes it official in new york
- 2019 genesis g70: less space, more pace?
- genesis g70 go-fast sedan on the launchpad at last
- 2019 genesis g70: a more elegant kia stinger?
- 2019 genesis g70 is legit, bruh
- 2019 genesis g70 video: get over your biases, it really is that good
- 2019 genesis g70 come out swinging at under $36k
- 2019 genesis g70 review: a delightful sports sedan
- 2019 genesis g70, g80, g90 earn top safety scores under new standards
- how much is it to fill up a 2019 genesis g70?
- best of 2019
's editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. in line with 's long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don't accept gifts or free trips from automakers. the editorial department is independent of 's advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.