PLEASE READ BEFORE INSTALLATION
All used engines are sold as Longblock engine assemblies; a Longblock is defined as:
Cylinder heads, engine block and all internal components. All bolt on accessories left on the Longblock engine assembly are not covered by warranty unless otherwise stated on the sales order and are left on the Longblock engine to be used at customers discretion. Some engines sold will require you to use parts off your old engine, these change over parts will sometimes cost you additional labor to be switched, Sharper Edge Enginesis not be responsible for the labor cost to have the change over parts switched.
- Inspect engine prior to delivery driver leaving, if any damage is found please inform driver and note the delivery ticket and notify Sharper Edge Engines. If engine is severally damaged, immediately notify Sharper Edge Engines.
- Identify that correct Longblock engine assembly was shipped to you; look at both engines to do this. If it looks like the Longblock engine assemblies are different notify your sales person at Sharper Edge Enginesimmediately.
- After removing your old engine, place it next to the replacement engine and identify which parts need to be changed over.
- Inspect timing components on engine, if miles are over factory specification for a timing belt or chain, replace timing components.
- Inspect all gaskets for bolt on accessories and replace any gaskets that look brittle or are leaking.
- Change over any bolt on accessories needed off your old engine.
- Do not install engine with damaged parts on it, such as oil pan, timing cover, engine mounts, valve covers or manifolds. If engine is installed with damaged parts and they cause the engine to fail prematurely the Warranty Is Void.
- Flush cooling system prior to installing engine to remove any debris left over from previous engine.
- Clean or replace oil strainer and pick screen.
- Replace oil pan gasket & rear main seal.
- Drain & Replace engine oils to manufactures suggested levels.
- Replace oil filter.
- Timing belts, water pump, thermostat, spark plugs, fluids and seals are routine maintenance items and should be replaced at the time of installation and at the vehicle manufacturer's recommended service intervals.
- Replace any water hoses or vacuum lines that need replacing.
- Prior to starting engine prime oil system and check to be sure you have oil pressure.
- Proper operation of the cooling and electrical system must be checked during the installation of products that can be
affected by those systems.
- Replace valve cover gasket as needed.
- Install new belts and hoses.