A sub-4-second zero-to-60-mph time is nothing to sneeze at, and it used to be the stuff of high-priced sports cars. But as cars of all types have gotten more powerful — even as fuel-economy regulations tighten — blisteringly quick zero-to-60-mph times have become more common.
Look no further than the forthcoming 2018 Ford Mustang GT, which Ford claims will sprint to 60 mph in less than 4 seconds with its 460-horsepower V-8 Used Engine , 10-speed automatic transmission and optional Performance Package. It got us thinking: What other cars are reach 60 mph with equivalent quickness?
We combed through automaker performance specs and our own test data searching for cars that can run from zero-to-60 mph in around 4 seconds. As you can see from the list below, there's no shortage of models — or body styles — that meet the mark, and they're available across a wide range of starting prices (all prices include a destination charge).
- 2018 Ford Mustang GT, $35,995
- 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C coupe, 4.1 seconds, $57,495
- 2018 Audi TT RS coupe, 3.6 seconds, $65,875
- 2018 BMW M4 coupe, 4.1 seconds, $68,695
- 2017 Cadillac CTS-V sedan, 3.7 seconds, $86,990
- 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS coupe, 4.3 seconds, $37,900
- 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk SUV, 3.5 seconds, TBD
- 2017 Mercedes-AMG C63 sedan, 3.9 seconds, $66,125
- 2017 Nissan GT-R coupe, 3.3 seconds, $111,685