the redesigned 2019 volvo v60 is a wagon in a sea of suvs, a throwback to when shoppers weren't seemingly obsessed with higher seating positions and family theme-park vacations were going to happen no matter what. in his take on the v60, reviewer kelsey mays praised its practicality and interior quality.
unfortunately, his praise didn't extend to drivability or power, which would help the v60 win over shoppers from similarly priced suvs. having already experienced questionable ride quality more common in sportier vehicles, mays delivered a (thor's) hammerblow to the v60's handling chops.
"sport chassis or not, there's little handling payoff to justify the v60's ride-comfort gremlins," he said. "the steering has numb feedback and a slow overall ratio, and the all-wheel drive does little to hide the platform's front-biased layout. apply enough gas through a corner, and the v60 sends a little more power rearward to nudge the tail and reorient the axis. but it's far from the balance you get from true, rear-drive-based awd or even front-drive-based systems with more proactive power distribution. volvo's system may improve cold-weather traction, but it does little for all-weather handling."
find the link to mays' full review in the list below, where it appears in fourth place among our most popular reviews of the week.
meanwhile, the battle between the ford ranger and toyota tacoma is our most popular video once again, followed by some of our first looks at recently revealed vehicles including the lincoln aviator, the awd version of the new toyota prius and the chevrolet blazer. our review of the 2019 subaru forester hangs around at no. 5.
check out the top five reviews and videos of the week below.
top 5 reviews
1. 2019 toyota rav4 review: delivers more, costs more
2. 2019 hyundai santa fe review: practicality over performance
3. 2019 ram 1500 review: top luxury or work, but not both
4. 2019 volvo v60 review: many strengths, drivability notwithstanding
5. 2018 nissan kicks review: impressive value and utility without awd
top 5 videos
1. 2019 ford ranger vs. 2018 toyota tacoma
2. 2020 lincoln aviator: interior impressions
3. 2019 toyota prius awd-e: first impressions
4. 2019 chevrolet blazer rs: first impressions
5. 2019 subaru forester: review
's editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. in line with 's long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don't accept gifts or free trips from automakers. the editorial department is independent of 's advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.